In the workshop you will learn about:
• Contact information for publishers, art directors and editors
• The best way to send work out to publishers
• Children’s book promotion that brings results
• New trends in publishing
• Self-publishing and e-books
• Which genre of the market to target
During your studio time:
• Design storyboards for your own manuscript or rework a project
• Develop your strengths as a book illustrator
• Design successful spreads
• Create a book dummy
• Have individual consultations with Melanie and Megan
Pricing and details:
The price of the three-day workshop is $500.
The price for the Creative Incubator for returning workshop attendees is $250.
Hours are 9:30am-5:00pm daily.
The workshop and incubator are held in a spacious, light-filled “treehouse” studio space in the Insalaco Center for Studio Arts on Marywood University’s campus in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
There are extended studio hours to work beyond class time.
The Maywood University cafeteria is open all day.
Free parking is available.
Several hotels/motels are nearby.
Pay by check to Melanie Hall, 22 Krom Rd. Olivebridge, NY 12461 or by credit card online @meganhalsey.bigcartel.com.
Included in the workshop:
Manuscript Morning on Monday, 9:00am-12 noon.
• Learn what makes a great story.
• Gather resources for story ideas
• Create memorable characters.
Workshop attendees say:
“Your brainstorming with us individually was so valuable.”
“Your feedback and rewrites have spurred me on to a new direction. Thank you!”
“I loved the information provided about the publishing industry.”
“The creative environment was great!”
Registration Deadline is July 10
For more information email: email@example.com
Or call 845-532-9762